NMPCA Booth at Silver City Clay Festival
Presented by STONEWARE ARTIFACTS and sponsored by NMPCA
As a member of the NMPCA, you are invited to show one or two clay pieces at the Silver City Clay Festival, August 1 and 2, 2015. This is an opportunity for other people in the state to see what our organization is all about and to get to examine and buy some of the finer work exemplifying our membership. This is the fourth year of the Silver City Clay Festival, and visitors are able to find a wonderful variety of presenters, shows, and different approaches to clay art. Our goal is to make new friends for the NMPCA.
In the NMPCA booth, we will have member’s work for sale. Sales will be handled through Stoneware Artifacts, Barbara Campbell’s studio. There will be a 20% commission to help offset the costs of running the show. A nominal $10 per entry fee will offset the costs of the booth space. Barbara will run sales through her business and take care of paying sales tax. We will have a banner advertising the NMPCA and literature, book marks and information on our activities available as well as members on hand who can talk to people about our organization.
Timeline and Requirements:
· Sign up is through the NMPCA website, with a deadline of July 19, 2015: nmpotters.org. (You can pay the $10 entry fee online through paypal. No paypal account is required).
· Pieces should be packaged to the same specifications as for the Celebration of Clay (see details of packing your work in this article on thesliptrail.com). Packing boxes will be used to wrap pieces if sold or to be returned to you with the unsold work.
· Pieces must be delivered to central collection points by July 22nd
(These locations will be matched up to the participants who sign up and disclosed at a later date).
· Each piece must be accompanied by a 5 x 7” receipt filled out in triplicate.
Each receipt must be printed with:
Artist’s initials (three of them i.e. BEC)
Artist’s full name, address and phone #
Name of the piece and $ amount of the piece
· Each piece must have a price sticker with the price matching the receipt and the artists three initials firmly attached.
· Unsold Pieces will be returned to the collection points by August 5, 2015 for you to pick up.
· (Optional) 20-15 cards with your contact information to be placed with your work.
All possible care will be taken with any work that you submit. As everyone is a volunteer, no insurance is available in case of damage or loss. If you require insurance, you must arrange it yourself. Your submission of this entry indicates your willingness to exempt the event organizers and volunteers from all claims of damage or harm.
PDF of this call for entries.
PDF of the Invoice.